• Your face aches after a 5 minute drive from one end of Bulembu to the other from smiling at passers by… and something else aches from bouncing over potholes!
• You go to bed on a rainy day under 3 blankets and when you wake up it’s 40’C and blazing sun. And the next morning it’s flipped again…
• A 15 minute walk home from school takes 45 minutes as you stop for a lovely chat with the pastor, the baker and candlestick maker… maybe not that one.
• You go on the hour’s drive across the border to get ham and cheese and spend it naming all the baboons you see on the roadside to keep things entertaining.
• Your kids spend the afternoon playing with the worlds smallest lizard
• It takes you four attempts to pronounce each new person’s name, but they all have special and interesting meanings.
To be continued!
Remember to visit www.bulembu.org to read about this wonderful project!